Product Liability Attorneys Get Compensation from Negligent Manufacturers in New Jersey and Pennsylvania
We really on countless products made all around the world on a daily basis. However, product manufacturers should not be allowed to cut corners and endanger your safety or the safety or your loved ones. Consumers have rights. So do workers who are required to use machinery or other types of equipment.
If you have been injured by a defective product, you may be able to file a product liability claim. You deserve to be compensated for your pain and suffering, medical bills and lost wages. Additionally, you have a right to hold negligent parties responsible for your injuries.
Since many product manufacturers have an army of lawyers to dispute civil claims, you need an experienced product liability attorney who is not afraid to take on the most difficult cases. The Law Firm of Craig A. Altman is a team of experienced personal injury and product liability lawyers in Philadelphia, PA, Cherry Hill, NJ, and surrounding counties who will fight to secure you the financial compensation you deserve.
Manufacturers Are Liable for Manufacturing Defects, Design Defects, and Inadequate Warning Labels
- Manufacturing defects – When the product doesn’t work the way it should, it may be a defective product. Since manufacturing defects are not intended to be part of a product, these kinds of defects tend to appear in only a small percentage of the product.
- Design defects – A manufacturer must design a product in a safe way that does not endanger users. If the manufacturer is unable to do this without destroying the economic utility of the product, the manufacturer should provide adequate warning labels.
- Inadequate product warnings – A manufacturer must provide sufficient and clearly visible warning labels or instructions to ensure a product can be used in a safe manner.
Product liability cases arise in a variety of circumstances. Some of the most common product liability cases in PA and NJ include:
- Defective machinery – Construction site accidents may be caused by defective cranes or power saws. If you are injured on the job, you can pursue workers’ compensation benefits.
- Defective vehicles – Accidents caused by unintended acceleration, defective seatbelts, airbag failures, or door failures can seriously injure or kill vehicle occupants, other motorists, and pedestrians
- Defective medical devices
- Dangerous drugs – Pharmaceutical errors caused by a drug manufacturer’s inadequate research can lead to serious injuries, including heart attacks, strokes, and seizures
- Defective firearms
- Food poisoning
How Can an Attorney Help You File a Product Liability Claim?
Gather and preserve evidence – It is crucial that your attorney preserves the physical evidence in your case before it is lost or misplaced.
Question witnesses – Your attorney should interview key witnesses in your case. It is important that witnesses be questioned as early in the process as possible before they forget crucial details about your accident.
Determine liability – Many times, companies will try to pin the blame for an accident on the injured person. A knowledgeable product liability lawyer will be able to sort through the facts, question the potentially liable parties, and determine precisely who is at fault for your injuries.
Secure expert witnesses – Since expert witnesses tend to be vital in product liability cases, your attorney should have access to an array of experts across a wide range of fields to testify on your behalf.
Determine damages – An attorney will review your medical records, with an appropriate expert, to determine the extent of your injuries. Companies may argue that you had a preexisting injury. However, an experienced attorney understands that the existence of prior injuries does not preclude a person from compensation for the aggravation of those prior injuries.
Discuss Your Case with Craig A. Altman, an Experienced Product Liability Attorney Fighting on Behalf of Victims in Philadelphia, PA and South Jersey
Product safety must be a priority for manufacturers. Unfortunately, some companies put profits over people. If you’ve been injured because of a defective product, the experienced product liability lawyers at the Law Offices of Craig A. Altman can help you. We have a proven track record with product liability cases in Pennsylvania and New Jersey, so we know how to get results in your case. Call us today, or use our online contact form to schedule a free consultation.