COMPENSATION FOR THE MOST COMMON INJURIES: CASES OUR PERSONAL INJURY LAWYERS IN NJ HANDLE FOR VICTIMS
Depending on the accident, many different types of personal injuries could be caused by the negligence of another person, business, or government entity. Injuries from car accidents, dog bites, falls, and other types of accidents can be catastrophic, leaving victims with significant losses, permanent injury, and significant disability. Victims of accidents may require prolonged hospital stays, surgeries, assistive devices, home and vehicle modifications, and rehabilitation therapy. Some victims, will never fully recover, leaving them to learn to live their life differently. Other times, our injury attorneys know that victims may never recover, and families will face the task of trying to move on without their loved ones in a wrongful death case.
At the Law Offices of Craig Altman, we know how devastating it can be for a victim and a family to suffer any type of personal injury. Your body is sacred, and injuries affecting your autonomy can never be compensated enough. This is particularly true if you have injuries that result in significant lost wages, medical bills, and other economic damages. If you or your loved one was injured in an accident and suffered personal injuries, we encourage you to call our injury lawyers in Vineland, NJ, today to learn how we can help you obtain the maximum amount of compensation you may be entitled to.
How Personal Injuries Are Caused
There are a variety of causes of personal injuries. While any type of accident could result in personal injuries, it is important to realize that certain types of accidents or cases can result in certain types of injuries.
Some of the most common types of accidents or incidents that our personal injury firm handles include the following:
- Medical malpractice (i.e. surgical malpractice, birth injuries, medication errors, etc.)
- Nursing home neglect, abuse, or negligence
- Construction accidents
- Motor vehicles accidents such as commercial trucking crashes, car accidents, SUV crashes, motorcycle accidents, bicycle crashes, delivery vehicle accidents, pedestrian knockdowns, and other types of motor vehicle wrecks
- Premises liability cases such as trip and falls, slip and falls, falls on ice or snow, falls on a pool deck, or any other type of accident that occurs on the property of a government agency, business, o rather individual
- Workplace accident
- Dog bites
- Animal attacks, and
- Any other type of negligent or intentional harm caused by an accident in New Jersey.
Common Types of Personal Injuries
Victims of personal injury accidents often suffer serious injuries due to preventable errors and mistakes. Some of these injuries may cause permanent disability or even death. Injuries we commonly see and help victims to obtain compensation include the following:
- Amputations or loss of limb – this could be caused by a crushing accident or due to irreparable harm to a limb in an accident
- Neck or back injuries – including slipped discs, annular tears, herniations, and other disc, nerve, or bone injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs) – including concussions, diffuse axonal TBIs, coup-contrecoup TBIs, penetrating injuries, brain bleeds, hematomas, and other damage to the brain
- Burn injuries – especially where surgeries, grafting, and other damage is required
- Scarring or disfigurement – due to the accident or from surgeries or repairs to damage
- Paraplegia, quadriplegia, or other types of paralysis
- Spinal cord injuries (SCIs) – either causing a form of paralysis, or due to impingement, potential harm to the spinal cord, or other damages to the spinal cord that could cause weakness, range of motion limitations, sensory issues, and other damage
- Nerve injuries – particularly brachial plexus injuries in the shoulder or facial nerve injuries
- Shoulder injuries – torn rotator cuffs, SLAP tears, biceps tears, and other damage
- Knee injuries – damage to the MCL, LCL, PCL, ACL, or tears in the meniscus
- Other types of brain injuries such as contusions, minor bleeding, headaches, or other disability
- Broken bones or fractured bones, including those that need an open reduction to repair the damage done
- Soft tissue injuries – including to the neck or back, usually from whiplash accidents
- Wrongful death,
- Other types of personal injuries occurring due to an accident
LET US HANDLE YOUR PERSONAL INJURY CASE
If you are struggling to get representation for your injury case, our experienced personal injury lawyers at the Law Offices of Craig A. Altman can help. Contact us today to speak to an attorney about your case.