Motor Vehicle Accident Help from Experienced PA & NJ Personal Injury Attorneys
A life-altering traffic accident can happen in the blink of an eye. Although some people are able to walk away from vehicular accidents, many others are not so lucky. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) estimates that there were more than 1,300 traffic fatalities in Pennsylvania last year.
If you’ve been injured in a vehicular accident, you need a skilled personal injury lawyer who will make sure you receive compensation for your painful injuries, emotional suffering, hospital expenses, lost wages, lost future earnings, and property damage. In the worst case scenario, the death of a loved one in a motor vehicle accident, an experienced wrongful death lawyer will fight to get you death or survivor benefits.
Both NJ and PA are no-fault states. This means that you will have to file a claim with your insurance company in order to receive compensation for your medical bills and lost wages. The experienced personal injury attorneys at the Law Offices of Craig A. Altman can make sure that you do not miss any filing deadlines with either the court system or your insurance company.
South Jersey Lawyers Seek Compensation for Accident Victims
Distracted driving, weather conditions and failure to obey the rules of the road are just a few of the reasons why the following types of accidents occur:
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Public transportation accidents – These include SEPTA accidents (in Philadelphia), bus accidents, train accidents, and taxi accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
Victims of any of these accidents often suffer from extreme and severe injuries, including:
- Broken bones – Fractures are common in the legs and arms
- Brain & spinal cord injuries
- Neck and back injuries – Rear-end collisions may result in a herniated or ruptured disc.
- Mental or emotional anguish – The severe physical pain from a motor vehicle accident can cause long-lasting emotional harm.
- Loss of vision or hearing
- Wrongful death
If you have been hurt in an accident caused by someone else’s negligence, you deserve compensation for your injuries and someone needs to be held accountable for their mistakes. An experienced car accident attorney will thoroughly examine the available evidence in your case to determine the exact cause of your accident. We will determine the identities of all potentially liable parties and work tirelessly to get you compensated for your injuries and financial loss.
PA Personal Injury Lawyers Help Truck Accident Victims
According to the Department of Transportation, there are nearly 5,000 fatal crashes involving large trucks every year. The sheer size of most trucks means that truck accidents often result in severe property damage and potentially catastrophic personal injuries. In particular, semi-trucks, 18-wheeler trucks, and trucks with tractor-trailers pose unique safety dangers. Additionally, the type of cargo being carried by a truck can increase the likelihood of a serious injury.
What constitutes a “commercial truck?” To be considered a commercial vehicle, the truck must weigh more than 10,000 pounds, be used as part of a business, and be involved in interstate commerce. A truck may also be classified as a commercial truck if it transports hazardous materials anywhere.
An experienced PA or South NJ truck accident attorney can help you deal with the unique aspects of truck accident cases by:
- Investigating the truck driver’s driving record and history
- Examining the truck driver’s logbook entries
- Studying the black box recorder or GPS monitoring device to determine exactly what happened, including how fast the truck was traveling at the time of the accident
- Interpreting and explaining federal regulations that are unique to commercial truckers
- Handling complicated truck accident cases that involve workers’ compensation claims or an out-of-state driver
Philadelphia, PA Attorneys Fight to Get Motorcycle Accident Victims Compensated
With the price of gas escalating, motorcycles are a popular form of transportation because they offer better gas mileage and often cost less to purchase and maintain than cars and trucks. However, motorcycle riders are also some of the most exposed drivers on the road and are susceptible to severe injuries in an accident. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), there were 210 motorcyclist fatalities in Pennsylvania in 2012.
Motorcycle riders face unique dangers on the road. The main causes of motorcycle accidents are:
- Car in front of you made an illegal turn
- Hit by a reckless driver who was traveling over the speed limit
- Inattentiveness or distracted driving (such as texting)
- Drunk driving
- Crashes into guardrail or light post
- Swerving to avoid an animal
- Pedestrians jaywalking
- City failed to provide adequate warnings about sharp or sudden curves in the road
- Defects in the road, such as potholes
- Equipment failure – Motorcycle defects such as brake failure or stalled engine can cause the bike rider to lose control
How Can a Skilled Personal Injury Lawyer Help?
If you or someone you love has been injured in an accident, you are likely suffering from injuries and facing mounting medical bills. You deserve justice – and compensation. Irresponsible drivers need to be held accountable for their bad judgment or recklessness. If you’ve been injured in a motor vehicle accident, an experienced vehicular accident lawyer can help you by:
Preserving evidence – Physical evidence often disappears or gets destroyed during the time that follows a motor vehicle accident
Obtaining the other driver’s driving record
Reviewing photos of the cars involved in the accident, the accident scene, and tire marks
Locating and questioning witnesses – We will interview any and all parties who can potentially back up your claim
Securing a weather report for the date of the accident
Reconstructing the accident scene so other driver’s fault can be persuasively demonstrated
Speaking with the responding officer and examining the officer’s police reports
Inspecting the vehicles involved in the accident for potential defects
Reviewing your medical records to determine the extent of your injuries
No Recovery, No Fee; Contact Craig A. Altman for a Free Consultation about Your Auto Accident Case
Speak with an auto accident attorney immediately. Do not simply take the pay out the insurance company tries to give you. They want to make the case go away. The skilled personal injury lawyers at the Law Offices of Craig A. Altman want to make sure you are properly compensated. We have handled countless auto accident cases in Philadelphia, PA, Cherry Hill, NJ, and surrounding counties. We know how to effectively negotiate with insurance companies and persuade them to offer fair settlements.