How to Find the Best Workers’ Compensation Lawyer in New Jersey
A work injury can be classified as a sort of accident or occupational hazard that occurs at the professionalism. These sort of injuries can lead to physical and mental trauma. If you have suffered a serious work-related injury, then it is a good idea to hire a workers’ compensation lawyer to handle your case.
Workers’ compensation law is multifaceted and requires highly specialized attorneys who are experienced in the field. There are various lawyers who are not well-versed in workers’ compensation law, who would be willing to take a risk with your case. You must search out for an attorney who has specific expertise in worker’s compensation.
It might be challenging to differentiate the experts from the amateurs. Do not blindly believe the glossy commercials or the in-your-face marketing strategies. The most telling signs of a well-qualified attorney is his/her years of experience. The depth of knowledge, reliability, and expertise will not be evident through the advertisements. Here are a few things to remember while choosing a workers compensation lawyer for your case:
Ask friends, family and colleagues – Word-of-mouth is the best kind of advertising that a good worker compensation attorneys enjoy. Referrals from satisfied clients can speak volumes more than an advertisement. State and local bar associations can also help you find quality counsel.
Scout the internet – Use the internet to research attorneys and law firms. Review their website and look at the types of cases that they have dealt with and more importantly, the amount and types of settlements for those cases. Read through testimonials to get an impression of what the previous clients think about their services. Check out their track record.
While you shouldn’t rely entirely on the internet to seek out the best attorney for your case, it is a great place to start. It can provide useful information about the lawyer’s level of expertise and experience.
Lawyer directories are also a great place to find legitimate professionals of law. Attorneys or firms listed in professional directories are trustworthy and capable of handling work injury cases efficiently. Keep an eye on their endorsements and ratings received.
Interviewing the attorneys you have shortlisted is a crucial step. While your lawyer will have questions for you regarding the claim, have your own list of questions prepared to ask during the interview. Ask about previous cases, his method of handling cases, charges, and settlement that he usually obtains. The following list of questions will help you evaluate the attorney’s level of proficiency in workers’ compensation.
- How long have you been handling workers’ compensation claims?
- What often do you deal with workers’ compensation cases?
- Can you represent me throughout the entire proceeding, including administrative hearings and appeals, and in court?
- Can you provide me with any references of former clients who would be willing to vouch for your expertise?
- Will you be working on my case individually or will you be seeking assistance from legal aides and paralegals?
- Have you worked for employers and insurance companies in workers’ comp cases, or only injured workers?
- Could you explain how a workers’ compensation claim progresses through the system?
- How will my expenses be calculated and will it include litigation-related expenses. Will I be charged even if my case is unsuccessful?
- Based on your knowledge, how would you approximate the value of my case? What are the strong and weak points of my case?
Look for an attorney who looks at your case positively and instills confidence in you. A quality lawyer will treat all his clients with respect and maintain a level of professional while dealing with clients. He will be more than willing to clear any doubts you may have and listen to and address all your concerns.
Also keep in mind the rapport you share with other officials working within that law firm, as you will be interacting with them regularly as well. Once the case has commenced, the lawyer should provide you with periodic updates of your claim and give your case the attention it deserves.
Here at The Law Offices of Craig A. Altman, we are providing you with the best representation possible for your case! If you are looking to get representation in New Jersey that will get you the workers’ compensation settlement that you truly deserve, get it touch with us at (856) 327-8899.